The Tomah Area School District has the following extracurricular vacancy beginning in the 2021-2022 school year: Head Varsity Girls Soccer Coach
Job Description: Tomah High School is seeking a Head Varsity Girls Soccer Coach beginning in the 2021-2022 school year. The person selected will report to the Activities Director. The coach will oversee the entire program grades 9-12. The coach will demonstrate and communicate to staff and players a wealth of knowledge on both the technical and tactical aspects of soccer and be able to modify them to be implemented at all levels. Responsibilities to the welfare of the student athletes will be of the utmost importance. The coach will do everything possible to ensure each player has a positive experience relative to their skills and work ethic. Further areas of responsibility will be Administrative Duties, Budgetary Duties, Student Fund Account Management, Equipment and Uniform Management, and Public Relations. The coach will become an active member in the state coaches’ association.
Requirements: Holds a valid Wisconsin Teacher Certification or obtains National Federation of State High School Associations certifications in Fundamentals of Coaching and First Aid for Coaches before beginning second year.
Qualifications: 1. 1. Has the ability to lead, organize, and supervise an entire soccer program.
2. Preferred two years of documented reputable high school soccer coaching experience or the
3. Has substantial knowledge of the technical and tactical aspects of soccer.
4. Documentation of attendance from at least one soccer coaching clinic in the last 2 years is preferred.
5. Has the ability to properly plan, instruct, and manage multiple practices, as well as contests in the absence of administration.
6. Has the interpersonal skills and the professionalism to properly interact with the administration, the entire coaching staff, all student athletes, and with the general public.
7. Has excellent organizational skills.
8. Can provide at least two letters of recommendation.
9. Has excellent leadership abilities and the ability to take their vision and make it a reality
10. Ethics must be outstanding and the coach must work to develop those same qualities in the players by modeling appropriate ethical behavior at all times.
How to Apply: Please complete online Coaching Application at
Upload the following: 1) Letter of application; 2) Coaching Resume to include: (a) All non-coaching experiences in leading adolescents age 14-18; (b) Coaching experience in any sport, of adolescents age 14-18; (c) All soccer coaching experience; 3) Documentation of attendance at one soccer coaching clinic in the last two years; 4) Two letters of recommendation from any High School (9th-12th) or collegiate soccer coach you have worked with; 5) One letter of recommendation from any High School Head Varsity soccer coach or non-Tomah High School Athletic Director you have worked under; 6) Optional – Other materials such as transcripts, etc. that are related to this position.
Direct Questions to: Brad Plueger, Activities Director
TOMAH HIGH SCHOOL
901 Lincoln Avenue
Tomah, WI 54660
Application Deadline: October 4, 2021
The Tomah Area School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, pregnancy, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, sex (including transgender status, change of sex or gender identity) or physical, mental, emotional, or learning disability (“Protected Classes”) in admission to, access to, treatment in, or employment in its programs and activities. The Coordinator of the District’s efforts to comply with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 is Dr. Paul Skofronick, 1310 Townline Road, Tomah, WI 54660 – phone: (608) 374-7011. Any inquiries regarding the application of the District’s non-discrimination policy may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights.
Si necesita Ud. ayuda en la traducción de este documento, por favor llama la especialista de ELL del distrito a 374-7014.