The Tomah Area School District has the following extracurricular vacancy beginning in the 2021-2022 school year: TMS Crescendo Show Choir Director
DESCRIPTION OF MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION:
The director of Crescendo Show Choir is responsible for selecting music, rehearsing and staging the Middle School Prep Show Choir. This director also works closely and collaboratively with the director of Soundsations show choir in the following areas: membership selection, planning, rehearsing, and performing.
• Weekly rehearsals would take place as needed based on needs of the program
• Select and provide advance notification of all meeting dates to members and main office personnel at the beginning of the school year (calendar)
• Clear and consistent communication with parents, students and Soundsations director
• Maintain financial records (as needed)
• Maintain record of student attendance to all activities and meetings
• Enforce student activity handbook expectations
• Sustain an updated informational club bulletin board
• Assist Soundsations show choir director as needed
• Attend all performances and rehearsals
• Select, rehearse and stage music appropriate for show choir
• Assign and maintain student uniforms
• Work with Soundsations director to create a unified program in regards to attitude, program selection and performance opportunities
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
• Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent
• Experiences and backgrounds with vocal music and dance performances
• Ability to play piano is preferred
How to Apply: Please complete online Coaching Application at
Upload the following: 1) Letter of application, and 2) Resume.
Direct Questions to: Michael Chapes, Principal
TOMAH MIDDLE SCHOOL
612 Hollister Ave.
Tomah, WI 54660
Application Deadline: Until Filled
The Tomah Area School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, pregnancy, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, sex (including transgender status, change of sex or gender identity) or physical, mental, emotional, or learning disability (“Protected Classes”) in admission to, access to, treatment in, or employment in its programs and activities. The Coordinator of the District’s efforts to comply with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 is Dr. Paul Skofronick, 1310 Townline Road, Tomah, WI 54660 – phone: (608) 374-7011. Any inquiries regarding the application of the District’s non-discrimination policy may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights.
Si necesita Ud. ayuda en la traducción de este documento, por favor llama la especialista de ELL del distrito a 374-7014.